If you have a PayPal account you may now join (or renew) your BARC membership, and pay the single payment (calendar year) launch fee as follows:
- All members must complete the Membership Application & Launch Liability Acceptance forms. Signed original forms must be provided to the BARC Secretary to receive your membership card and activate your membership.
- Existing members renewing a membership (assuming their contact information has not changed) only need to send their membership payment.
- Send the appropriate fee (depending upon the date you join) for the membership level (listed below) from your PayPal account (send money) to BARC2014@comcast.net using the “Friends and Family“ option.
- Join date (Jan 1- Jun 30; Nov 1 – Dec 31):
- Senior Membership ($25) – Individuals 18 and older who are not part of a Family membership.
- Junior Membership ($20) – Individuals ages 14-17 who are not part of a Family membership.
- Family Membership ($40) – Immediate family members (flyer, spouse / domestic partner, & children ages 14 -17).
- Educational Team Membership ($40) – For high school/college/university team built rocket launches (10 members / team max, excluding the team advisor when that person is not part of the team, as in a TARC team). Team members seeking HPR certification must join BARC at the junior or senior membership level prior to their certification attempt.
- Join date (July 1 – Oct 31): Fee is 50% of those listed above.
- Children under 14 years old fly free (A-D impulse class motors only) provided that a parent / legal guardian is a BARC member and present at the launch directly supervising their activities.
- HPR fliers may also add the calendar year, single payment, launch fee of $60 to your membership payment, or pay a $10 launch fee at each launch.
NOTES: (1) When using PayPal please DO NOT select the “Pay for goods and Services” option as that incurs a service fee ($1 for memberships and $2.50 if paying the yearly launch fee). If you feel the need to select that option, please add the appropriate service fee to the amount sent to BARC. (2) eCheck payments take 3-5 business days to clear.
Those who complete this process will receive their new membership cards at a BARC launch or meeting – you may also join at any club launch or meeting.